Skip to main content

Welsh Governments Discretionary Assistance Fund (DAF)

The Discretionary Assistance Fund provides two types of grants that you don’t need to pay back.

Emergency Assistance Payment (EAP)
A grant to help pay for essential costs, such as food, gas, electricity, clothing or emergency travel if you’re experiencing extreme financial hardship, have lost your job, have applied for benefits and you are waiting for your first payment. You cannot use it to pay for ongoing bills that you cannot afford to pay.

Individual Assistance Payment (IAP)
A grant to help you or someone you care for live independently in their home or a property that you or they are moving into.

Further information can be found on the Welsh Government website.