The purpose of the Strategic Development Committee “the Committee” is to provide:
- Evidence based and timely advice to the Board to assist it in discharging its functions and responsibilities with regard to the:
- strategic direction
- strategic planning and related matters
- organisational development
- digital services, estates and other enabler services
- sustainable development and the implementation of strategy through the spirit and intention of the Well Being of Future Generations Act
- investment in accordance with Value-Based healthcare
- Assurance to the Board in relation to strategic decision-making, ensuring it is supported with a robust understanding of risks in relation to the achievement of organisational goals and strategic objectives.
Where appropriate, the Committee will advise the Board and the Accountable Officer on where, and how, its system of assurance may be strengthened and developed further.
Download the Terms of Reference.