The purpose of the Research, Development & Innovation (RD&I) Sub-Committee is to provide:
- Strategy and policy oversight for Research, Development & Innovation activities at the Trust and for any Strategy that requires Board approval this to then be taken to the Trust Strategic Development Committee.
- Receive assurance on the monitoring of performance – [through Quality lens]
- [Exception reporting] and as defined by the Quality, Safety and Performance Committee, elements of this performance monitoring assurance may need to also be taken there – according to performance, quality, assurance frameworks and exception reporting criteria for that Committee.
- Promotion and encouragement of a Research & Innovation ethos and culture which is integral to the Trusts vision, mission and values.
- Assurance to the Board in relation to the Trust’s arrangements for ensuring compliance with the UK Policy Frameworks for Health & Social Care Research as amended from time to time.
- Consideration of relevant matters with reference to the parameters identified for risk appetite in relation to research, development and innovation as set by the Board.
Download the Terms of Reference.