We held a large scale workshop in mid January 2016, where patients, clinicians, staff and representatives from our health board and voluntary sector partners met to check on progress.
A summary of what we’re proposing:
- The patient at the hub of a new collaborative, 24/7 cancer service, being treated as close to home as possible
- A new Velindre Cancer Centre to treat complex cancers and non surgical cases in the local Cardiff area
- A new satellite radiotherapy centre to the east of Cardiff
- More outreach clinics offering excellent cancer treatments, to add to our existing community services, and to be called Velindre@ facilities
- A Centre for Learning to promote excellence in cancer care