The purpose of the Transforming Cancer Services (TCS) Programme Scrutiny Sub-Committee is to:
- Provide assurance that the leadership, management and governance arrangements are sufficiently robust to deliver the outcomes and benefits of the programme.
- Scrutinise the progress of the programme and provide the Trust Board with assurance that implementation is effective, efficient and within the budget available.
- Undertake any other scrutiny activity relating to the TCS Programme as directed by the Trust Board or Senior Responsible Owner (SRO).
- Seek advice and guidance from appropriate Technical Advisors as well as the MIM Transactor (if relating to the nVCC Project) to assist the Committee with their scrutiny of the TCS Programme.
- Provide assurance to the Trust Board on all aspects of the TCS Programme in relation to approvals sought on all decisions reserved for the full Board.
- Receive all audit, gateway and assurance reviews pertaining to the programme or its constituent projects and provide assurance (or otherwise) to the Trust that the programme is being delivered in accordance with all professional, financial and Trust standards.
- Provide assurance to the Trust Board and support to the Senior Responsible Officer in signalling the TCS closure activities once it has met its objectives.
Where appropriate, the Committee will advise the Trust Board and the Accountable Officer on where, and how, its system of assurance in relation to the TCS Programme may be strengthened and developed further.
Download the Terms of Reference.